Sunday, July 27, 2008

Progress..

It's the end of the week and it's time to report on my progress so far. Been very distracted with OSCON and other events so I haven't been hacking the late night oil like I usually do. Hacking seems to be a night time activity for me and I'm having sleep issues with it seems to really put a damper on things. Any hoo, enough of the whining.

I have the hard parts of the project done, that is the searching and adding songs to the database. It's not bullet proof and I suspect I have a lot of memory leaks but I was able to successfully had a song to the database and emit an add signal to the ui which is a pretty good milestone. Adding the rest of the interface is going to be pretty trivial since it essentially uses the query and insert systems that I have already implemented.

There are some issues that I will have to correct including the aforementioned memory leaks, but there is also a notion of what kind of entry is being added to the database so that it can be used for not only songs, but radio streams and what not.

sri

No comments: