Monday, August 11, 2008

Even more progress..

So it looks like i finally on the heels of some success, except now I'm running into some issues with threading. It's very frustrating to actually see a UI and seeing most of the stuff being populated but still not close enough. Additionally, I seem to have some regression on searching for unique entries based on location. No doubt due to the fact that I probably have triggered it while fooling around with sqlite commands in the code.

At the moment, performance is pretty bad. I will have to switch to transactions to actually get some speed ups. Once i do that I had some good advice from a firefox developer about how best to tune sqlite. The experiment was pretty good idea, it's quite more complicated than it seems. Especially when dealing with the database itself. I will continue to make this into a good patch that i can submit to bugzilla. i will try to convince people to try it out and help at least get better tuning.

1 comment:

jurassicpork said...

Sri:

You see the Paypal button on the upper right part of my index page? You simply click on that and let the site guide you. Of course, you'd need a credit card or a bank account to send funds. If you still have any trouble, contact me at crawman2@yahoo.com. I've sent money to my fellow liberal bloggers before and know how to navigate the process.